Report a concern about a child
If you think a child is in immediate danger of being harmed, contact 999 and tell the police.
If you think a child is at risk, not being looked after properly, or you have concerns about his or her welfare, please contact the:
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 029 2053 6490
- Emergency Duty Team on 029 2078 8570 (Out of Office Hours)
What happens next?
If you are contacting us on behalf of someone, we will need to ask you some questions about that person, such as:
- the reasons you are worried
- home address and age or date of birth of the child
- names, addresses and ages or dates of birth of the child’s family members
- the names of professionals involved with the family, such as their doctor or school
- whether you feel there is a safety risk to anyone visiting the home of the child
You do not need to know everything about that person to contact us. We aim to protect your identity whether you ask us to do so or not. Sometimes this is not possible due to the information you provide or because a case needs to go to court.
If for any reason you do not feel comfortable talking to us, please tell someone else who knows the family, such as a teacher, a doctor, a nurse or a health visitor.
Get information about child protection agencies and organisations in Cardiff.
Cardiff and Vale Child Safeguarding Board
Printable poster about Know, Look, Act created by The Children’s Society and NPCC