What is The Index?
The Index is Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan’s voluntary register of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs.
The Index aims to give a clearer picture of how many children and young people with disabilities or additional needs there are. Families First Grant funding support enables us to work together with other agencies to help better coordinate services.
The Index aims to provide information to:
- Families – keeping families up to date with services, support and activities across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. It also provides a point of contact for families to discuss their needs.
- Professionals – keeping professionals up to date with the needs of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs, in order to plan services and improve access to services and support.
- Organisations – promoting existing services and support
Who can sign up to The Index?
You can sign up to The Index if you are:
- A parent / carer of a child or young person aged 0 – 18 years with disabilities or additional needs
- A professional working with children and young people 0 – 18 years with disabilities or additional needs
To be included on The Index the child or young person must:
- be aged up to 18 years
- have a diagnosed disability, be in the process of diagnosis or have confirmed ongoing additional needs
Why sign up to The Index?
Once signed up to The Index you will receive:
- The Index Newsletter – the newsletter which is sent out every 3 months, packed full of information about services, support and activities in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan
- The Index eNews – regular emails providing information about any activities and events which may be happening between issues of the newsletter
How to sign up to The Index?
Whether you are a parent/carer or a professional, you can sign a child / young person up to The Index by completing a registration form:
Registration Form (PDF)
If you are a professional and would like to be added to The Index mailing list, please email:
Family Support Services
Dewis Cymru is the place for information about well-being in Wales.
We have information that can help you think about what matters to you, along with information about local organisations and services that can help!
For information on services and support, or to submit an article for the next edition of the newsletter, please contact:
Disability Index Officer
Family Information Service
The Conference Centre
East Moors Road
Tel: (029) 2035 1700