The Welsh Government childcare offer will be available in some areas of Cardiff from September 2018 and will eventually be extended citywide.
The Childcare Offer for Wales provides 30 hours a week of government-funded early education and childcare for eligible working parents of 3 to 4 year olds, for up to 48 weeks of the year.
Can I apply?
You are eligible for the childcare offer if you:
- have a child of the relevant age (from term after their 3rd birthday until they start in full time school)
- are working and earning at least the equivalent of 16 hours at the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage, up to £100,00 more details here
- Live in the wards identified. Early implementation in Cardiff will include the following wards:
How does the offer work?
Term-time (39 weeks of the year)
- 12½ hours per week ‘Foundation Phase’ Nursery (Early Education)
- 17½ hours per week ‘Childcare Offer’ (childcare)
This combines to provide 30 hours per week education and childcare.
School Holiday time (9 weeks of the year)
- 30 hours per week ‘Childcare Offer’ (childcare)
Frequently Asked Questions for parents in pilot areas can be found here.
Unsure of which area/council ward you live in?
Visit My Cardiff, enter your postcode in the My House tab and click “find”
If you use social media you may find this page useful.
You can also e-mail the Cardiff Childcare Offer team at email@example.com
Where will I be able to find my registered Childcare Offer provider?
To find details of the Care Inspectorate for Wales registered childcare providers in your area who are registered to deliver the Childcare Offer please click here.
To make an Application for the Childcare Offer please click here.
More useful Information